5.12.2006

Interview with an Umpire

I got the interview, in no small part thanks to the lovely John E. of Moondance Ranch fame. My god, the things he told them about me. Anyhoo, I got the interview and it's in 2 Fridays and now I'm just waiting to see if I get approved for a 1/2 day vacation day at my current position. I guess if they say "No" I just fake puke and tell them I'm sick anyways? I really hate lying at my job, especially one I love. I won't even tell you the whopper I came up with to get another vacation day out of them on short notice.

I really am going to hate leaving this job. I mean, it's not my dream job or anything, but the company is just fabulous. I'm really starting to feel like I know stuff and I get complimented on my skills all the time. Either that or I just haven't shaken off the last asshole I worked for.

I just keep trying to keep my eye on that prize. Babies, more land, more relaxing lifestyle and more family centered. It's become my mantra.

Especially when I wake up at 5:00 a.m. with my mind racing and how we're about to leave all these awesome restaurants and our awesome friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home