12.22.2005

Chicken


chicken
Originally uploaded by MizVoid.
This weekend we will be sending Dr. Kaboom?! to the luxiourous Doggie Day Spa and Boarding Kennel while we attend to family business elsewhere. I felt great about taking him to this place! He won't be caged up unless he's eating (he eats in approximately 2 seconds so that's not a big deal) and they take him out 4 times a day, he gets to roam free all day, plus he gets a free bath! I felt okay about it until last night when he was being so cute playing on the couch. When I woke up this morning and he was laying his head on my chest, I knew I couldn't bear to leave him for 3 WHOLE DAYS.

He has a bit of the "Separation Anxiety" when we leave him alone. He brings anything he can into the living room to surround him on the couch while we are gone. He doesn't chew, thank god, just wants it next to him. This includes scarves, DVD's, a bunch of bananas, bowls from the sink, post-it notes, you name it. So I gotta believe it might freak him out a bit for us to leave him for 3 days at a place that might make him think of the shelter.

I've turned into one of those dog parents. I felt kinda silly telling the boarder that I would be bringing my own food and snacks because we don't want him eating food with preservatives in it and knowing fully well that everyone in the cubicle farm at work could hear me and were probably rolling their eyes. I also asked if I could call and check on him...at any time during the next 3 days.

Seriously....I'm insane. Thankfully theMan feels exactly the same way, which makes my ovaries melt and want to start popping out offspring because if theMan has my back with the dog, he's got my back with the kids, y'all.

I love this dog. Thanks to the robbers who made us able to get him. In fact, if they are reading this, please stop by tonight so I can thank you while sawing at your genitals with the edge of a plastic spoon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. T said...

Don't feel embarrassed about bringing your own food and treats. We do the same. Heck we bring a suitcase w/ blankets, toys, and god knows what else so they we'll be back. Kaboom will do fine. I'm sure of it.

11:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home