5.09.2005

Vanity

Okay, so I realize I went a little crazy with the pictures of myself and my new candy cane hair, but I was excited. You gotta allow a little vanity on someone's personal blog.

I put pics up from the filming shoot on Saturday. This one was called "Bedtime Story" and I really dug the story. I can't wait to see the finished product. The art direction on this shoot was easier, since I basically had the run of the house. In fact, I was left alone for a few hours to completely rearrange 3 rooms of this house for the set. Felt a little like an interior decorator. When the Director got back and saw pictures of families that weren't his in his house, that was even better.

I'm really getting comfortable with Art Direction and Set Design. With every job I learn something new and get more and more confident. I even got to learn a little about lighting and grip work too. What pays off though is working with great people. This shoot went from 10:00 a.m. Saturday until 4:00 a.m. on Sunday straight through and even though I was tired, I never stopped laughing. I can't do proper justice to the silliness, but let's just say it didn't feel like work.

Anyhoo, today my pal Erica is getting surgery so I want to say "Good luck and call me!" to her because I know she'll be laid up in bed all week. Ugh, this better work.

Okay, back to work.

P.S. I also added pics to the "Eyes of Luis Bunuel" folder too in the Set Design album from Jzn's camera. That film is currently being edited, so I hope to have it up shortly. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home