5.05.2005

Revolver, not the Beatles album

Tonight I went to a rehearsal/production meeting for a film I am doing Art Direction on this Saturday. I was a little worried because I hadn't seen the script and was basically given one night (tomorrow) to come up with props and a design. Thankfully the director wrote the script with his house in mind and has most of the props already.

I basically get to design the look of the place, move art and furniture around and place items. However, a new skill I can add to my job description is gun handler. Yep, we're using a real gun for this shoot. Let me tell you, when he took it out of its locked case and held it up for the actress to handle, we all stepped back and got real quiet. It was an after-school special in the making.

Thankfully the trigger doesn't have to be pulled and we're for sure it's not loaded. But just having that gun out on set makes everyone very nervous. I was sitting back with the DP (Director of Photography) tonight as he was trying to get the shot and I just so happened to be where the actress was pointing the gun. That is definitely not an angle I'd like to ever be in again in my life.

As has been the case so far, the actors, director and DP are all fun and great to work with. It's nice when you first meet someone and it's no big deal to get down to business creatively. I think that is the thing I'm enjoying most. Plus, I really like the script. It's got a twist to it that even the camera work is going to play off nicely. He says I can get a copy when it's done, so hopefully I can post some of it for you guys.

But that gun....eep. I'll try to take pictures for you guys, see if it creeps you out too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home