5.11.2005

Mom, hell I'm late again

I just realized I never did a proper Mother's Day post. In fact, I didn't even get her a card, just a phone call. But it did give her plenty of opportunity to try to get me to buy her a swing for her yard. Lord. That and tell me that my sister is one up on me because her card got there already.

I must explain...I meant to get her a card, but when I went to Walgreens they were all kinda dumb and cheesy. Mom doesn't deserve dumb and cheesy. Fully expecting to find a cute stationary store and make up a handmade one, you know, with all my free time....well, I didn't get to it. Maybe buying her a swing would be easier.

Rereading this blog it might seem like my mom is manipulative and all, which she can be, but it's tongue in cheek too. She is blunt enough to tell me what she wants, a trait she definitely passed on to my sister, so at least it makes Christmas easier. I sorta treasure that about her in some ways though. That and her sense of humor.

I know I talk about my mom a lot and how fucked up certain aspects are with our relationship but it's not all bad. I hope that point comes across. I get my craziness from her, my sense of adventure, my ability to care about others and my mad cooking skills. She's quite a woman and passed on a lot of things to us that I hold very dear. She's nuts, but I love her.

I realized awhile ago that you get one mom in this life, sometimes like me you get two if you marry right, so treasure them as much as you can from a safe distance for your sanity and if they want a swing for their yard? Well....at least send them a card with a picture of a swing on it on Mother's Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home