12.31.2004

Happy New Years

Well homies, 2004 is going to be hitting the dusty trail. Though I gladly embrace this past year with open arms, can I say...let's get the fuck on with it already. 2005, rock my socks. I'm ready.

So why not get all sentimental? I love you guys. I love my friends, my family, hell, there is even a special place in my heart for the readers I only know through the Inter-ma-net. You are truly Atlas holding up my world.

Thanx for an interesting year. I raise my glass to you all!

And now a New Year's meme. Thanx to Electric Bugaloo & Tenth Muse.

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Went to another country, even if it was but briefly.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did read more than 10 books, but I gained 10 lbs. instead of lost it, so I think it cancels itself out. Sure, I'll make a few more. Including less TV watching, and travel to another country this year again.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
YES!, actually several! Welcome, Stella and Kya as well! (God, am I forgetting someone?)

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, for once. I think we had our fill in 2001.

5. What countries did you visit?
Mexico.

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
More self confidence and a butt without hail damage.

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finally going to therapy, for one.

8. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing more than a cold here and there, except when I decided to fall down the stairs yesterday. Ouch.

9. What was the best thing you bought?
My G5 Mac & Cinema Display. Eeeeee...I still love it.

10. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Quite a lot actually, but I have 2 very tough girlfriends who amaze me daily with their strength.

11. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
George W. Bush and the religious right.

12. Where did most of your money go?
Coffee and in the early part of 2004, booze.

13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Our Southwestern vacation.

14. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Let's just say more capable to make myself feel either of those.
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter.
c) richer or poorer? Richer.

15. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercise.

16. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying about my weight & watching TV.

17. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent it with family.

18. What was your favorite TV program?
Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Significant Others, SeaLab 2021, The Office...I can't name just one.

19. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Gosh...no, I don't think so. I don't think I hate anyone, well except Jerry Fawell.

20. What was the best book you read?
I'd say "The Occult" by Colin Wilson, got my brain a-workin'.

21. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Again too many to narrow down: Interpol, The Faint, Ryan Adams & Scissor Sisters.

22. What did you want and get?
Pink trench coat and Kitchen Aid mixer.

23. What did you want and not get?
Certain items from this website. Namely things of the "Rabbit" variety.

24. What was your favorite film of this year?
Too many to narrow down. Garden State, Dawn of the Dead, Farenheit 9/11 come to mind.

25. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
26, a week of adventures. You can read about them here. My pals ROCK!

26. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To have started therapy sooner.

27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Target-chic.

28. What kept you sane?
GWO, baby.

29. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Unfortunately, there is a reason the pink "Entertainment" questions are the ones I get right in Trivial Pursuit. I am a celebrity news junkie.

30. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Election 2004, for sure.

31. Who did you miss?
My mother-in-law and I found myself thinking of my grandparents as well.

32. Who was the best new person you met?
Darren.

33. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
Don't compromise what is important to you in order to make someone else happy.

34. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one."

Happy Drinking Till You Puke!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home