11.08.2004

Que hora es New Mexico?

I need a vacation, BAD. So we're going to New Mexico to visit my family in December for a whole week and I can't wait! Especially since it's FUCKING COLD in Chicago right now. I don't feel like I can get warm. I'm serious, not in my house, not on the train, not even at my job. At night I sleep almost completely inside any warm crevice on theMan's body. I wear sweaters, coats, socks to sleep (which I hate!!!!) but nothing. I still freeze constantly. So bring on that warm, southwest weather baby!

The best part, we don't have any real set plans! I love those kinds of trips. We've rented a car and we're driving to Santa Fe, Roswell, Albaquerkee (yes, I spelled that wrong, I don't care), the place where a nuclear weapon was detonated (where last time I enjoyed a tasty green chilli cheeseburger), then to my family in Las Cruces. That side of my family is awesome too. They are all very educated, extremely hilarious, and put chillis in everything they cook, even breakfast. How can you not love these people?

I'm really excited that my husband is going to come along. I went a few years ago alone and now he gets to come and experience the place I never want to leave and the people I wish would adopt me. One of our best friends is also joining us to get away from this mean ol' city for awhile. He wants to scream in the desert and we plan on ruining our vocal chords right along with him. It's what friends do.

So expect lots of pictures and a much more relaxed Kitten. Come on desert!

2 Comments:

Blogger darren e. logan said...

when in albuquerque, make sure to go up to the top of sandia peak to where i saw that mountain lion. you'll love the view up there. gorgeous in every direction.
i'm jealous!

6:51 PM

 
Blogger darren e. logan said...

peachy, you are right about the fish oil capsules on both accounts. flax or hemp oil will do the same.
they also promote lovely silky skin. ;^)
kitten,i'll try to find some other things that'll help you with that. breathing exercises & visualizing freeflowing blood in yer veins will help too. we'll talk.

9:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home