11.26.2004

My Birth Story

Because I have a friend about to give birth, I've been interested in how I came to be. I didn't really know the stories around my arrival except that they thought I might be twins and retarded. Yes, I am serious.

Well, I wonder if I should have asked. Some points of interest I learned while at home for Thanksgiving: 1) Turns out my mom got into a fist fight with my aunt when she was pregnant with me. 2) My mom was on bedrest from 6 months on due to huge amounts of swelling. 3) Her water broke in a grocery store (that's somewhat typical, at least). 4) My great-grandma made her a skillet full of liver before she decided to go to the hospital when she was contracting. 5) Because she couldn't push me out for nearly 2 days and she hadn't had an ultrasound they told her I was either twins, then later they believed me to be dead or retarded. 6) She was suppose to be in my aunt's wedding the next day but I was born and halted that. 7) When mom woke up after her c-section she dreamt she had the antichrist because she'd just watched "The Omen" and it took her a few moments to figure out she hadn't.

Anyone wanna ask me AGAIN why I decided to go to therapy? ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home