7.07.2004

The House of Blah

Woke up this morning with a bout of insomnia and panic. I literally woke up at 4 a.m. worrying about moving out of our apartment. That's not going to happen for 2 more months people, but I woke up in a panic about it. Plus, this weekend after I viewed "The Omen" and "Weather Underground" (both freaking excellent movies, by the way) I felt the need to scare the bejeezus out of my husband by running into his room proclaiming: "Something bad is going to happen this weekend. I feel an overwhelming sense of impending doom." He just looked at me like I was crazy so I went back to the couch to finish my panic attack in silence.

Turns out his grandfather had a stroke and is in the hospital. So either I'm psychic or insane. And yes, I don't know why this would be interesting to any of you, but hey.

Really really enjoying Robert Anton Wilson's "The Book of the Breast." So much, in fact, it's becoming one of my favorite books by him. He's currently going into a rant on patrist and matrist society's and how breastfeeding and breasts in general affects each. Interesting, and I'd certainly have to agree so far with his logic. Societies that condone circumcism, sexual repression, less than equal treatment for women....tend to have more wars, depression, etc. He also talks about how the Women's Lib Movement is more patrist than they think. Seeing how they are for sexual repression and such....darn lost my thought.

Apparently I'm currently too tired to think clearly.

He also brings up an interesting point. That smoking pot instead of drinking alcohol, buying second hand clothes, living off the land, even hitch hiking is forms of political protest since you are doing whatever you can to not give to the major corporations. Corporations that fund the government. Interesting....I would certainly go back to herbal ways now, especially after this weekend. Yikes. Didn't realize getting baked and watching public access was a form of protest. Darn if I don't feel involved now!

Chow.

2 Comments:

Blogger darren e. logan said...

very interesting...we have some talking to do...
i think that's one of my favorite books by bob as well.
and as for those types of activities being protest, i could not agree more. I've got a LOT to say on that topic...too much for this lil comment space. maybe i'll hit my blog with it later.

2:02 PM

 
Blogger Kitten said...

You are fast Darren! I just posted! I'm sure you do have much to say! Do a post on your blog, definitely.

By the way, sorry I was yammering on a mile a minute this morning. Needless to say, I'm stoked about the upcoming film project. Hee hee...glad you are still interested.

-Kitten

2:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home