6.27.2004

This Entry brought to you by Guilt.

Well, I'm not in Godville. We got up, packed the car, hit the road, drove for an hour and said....we're going to have to go again in 3 weeks to pick her up and it's a 5 hour drive and traffic sucks....so we turned right the hell around and came home. The guilt only creeps up when I think about how dissappointed she'll be but honestly I'm glad we didn't go. We ended up getting a lot done around the house and I'm going to go to the Gay Pride Parade today. I wish I could have seen my sister, don't get me wrong and I will be in 3 weeks but driving 10 hours to see her for 3 hours, yea...I'm Ms. Justification, okay.

Something really fucked up happened on Friday night. We were in the apartment and heard dogs fighting and what sounded like kids screaming. Then we heard this loud "WHACK" sound over and over and more screaming. So we ran upstairs and our neighbors were screaming at a lady in the alley saying "I think you're dog just killed our dog!"

Turns out a pitbull from down the street got out and came over to their yard where their fence is down due to repairs. It spotted their German Shepard and jumped on it. The lady of the house started screaming (thus the kid sounding screams) and kicking it. The pitbull wouldn't let go. So the husband grabs a mop handle and bashes it over the head. Still, it's not letting go. (I saw the mop handle post attack and it looked like he'd wrapped it around a tree.) Apparently, another neighbor jumps in by handing the guy a shovel to bash the dogs brains out the whole time screaming "KILL IT". (Side note: I wish I could have seen that. I can just picture this dude red in the face but smiling maniacally.) The shovel finally did the trick after a couple hits.

The neighbor's dog is okay, just a few bite marks. The pitbull is still missing. There are signs all over the neighborhood. I am not going to overgeneralize and say "Oh, those darn pitbulls." But damn, those dogs don't have good reputations. But hey, the good thing is we finally met our new neighbors, Jill & Warren, the attackees. What a welcome to the neighborhood.

Anyhoo, I'll post parade pics later if I get some. Chow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home