6.16.2004

You dropped a bomb on me, Ogre

Wow....after just returning from seeing Skinny Puppy, those industrial rock icons, all I can say is wow. Worth every penny, even the exorbant Ticketmaster fees. If you dig rock at all, go see these guys immediately.

No, they didn't play "Scrapyard" but they did play a wide variety of my other favs. Stuff off "The Process" and "Smothered Hope" as an encore, as well as stuff from the new CD. And the stage presence was incredible. I don't know how old Ogre is now, but he's still got it, to be sure.

Tweaker opened up and well, I like the CD. It's good to have on while driving, or reading or hell, even having sex but it's not something to play when the entire crowd is antsy for some Skinny Puppy. But oh well...it was better than some shitty local band.

I must comment on the crowd though. It was like 2 different generations and it made me feel a mixture of mature and old. I had a couple people in front of me dancing like it was a Grateful Dead concert, complete with ripe B.O. and all but in other areas were the kids who knew how to handle themselves in a packed crowd. We were up by the stage for most of the show, but midway we had to exit stage left due to a large sweaty man jumping up and down on my toes and a mexican couple humping like they were listening to shitty techno.

Oh well...to be 10 feet from the boys and hearing songs I love live...it was all part of the experience.

Yummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home