6.16.2004

A friend of mine recently made a point that we as a people should listen to our artists. They are usually the most intune with what's really going on. And most of our artists want George Bush out. I gave it some thought, and yea, I'll go with that to an extent. Then the Daily Dirt links to Bruce Springsteen's site where he's posted a reprint of a recent Al Gore speech. Sorta gives that argument a little more credibility in my mind so I figured I'd better pass it on.

Get it here: Al Gore speech from Bruce (Thanks again Jerky.)

On another note, I went to the Metro $2 Tuesday Night Club last night and was blown away. I had heard Dethholz! before but it was my first experience with Baby Teeth. Both bands were incredible. Gave me renewed faith in local bands. I picked up both their CD's and I'd suggest you checking them out as well. I love a band with a great stage presence and these boys oozed sex and rock.

Tonight is the Skinny Puppy show and I couldn't be more excited, especially since like a teenager I've had a crush on Ogre's voice and ass for what seems like forever. I even got to meet him a couple years ago but like an idiot didn't have a camera on me. Oh well, he was a sweetie and stood out there and obliged his fans for quite awhile. I've heard they are playing mostly older stuff too which makes me happy. If you're listening boys, please, please, please play "Scrapyard" off of Last Rights, okay?

Tweaker is opening up for them which makes me super excited because I'm digging his latest CD. Damn, this week is turning out to be action packed. Hopefully I'll have pix to post tomorrow if the Vic will let us bring cameras.

Okay, enough of my rambling. Back to work.

1 Comments:

Blogger darren e. logan said...

on the subject of listening to artists because they are on top of things...
too true! when it comes to artists that are interested in being more than a smart ass that is.
I'd also like to suggest a great book called "Art & Physics" by Leonard Schlain. In it he works through the idea that the great artists have always been one step ahead of new discoveries in science & that they express these in their art- not necessarily on a concious level. a very very interesting read (as is his book "the Alphabet Vs. the Goddess" which is about how alphabet literacy reinforces patriarchal values by planting us firmly in left brain territory).
anyway..glad you had a good time at metro last night..sorry i couldn't make it. ended up on the phone with my sis for hours! :)

11:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home