6.15.2004

Raygun who?

I have been feeling, well sorta dumbfounded by the on-going coverage of Reagan's death. I mean, yes, he was a president and that's quite an accomplishment. Let's spend the day of the funeral and maybe a few look-back specials but sweet merciful christ...the man was what, 93? He had Alzheimer's. He wasn't struck by a car or killed in a war. I mean, I'm not a total cold hearted bitch. I feel for his family, really. My great grandmother died a couple years ago and I saw what it did to my grandfather who had the same total years of marriage as the Reagan's. I cannot imagine that sort of pain.

But um, I don't remember the "Reagan years" as being the best years of anyone's life, except for the rich which is sorta like the "Dubya years." Well, that and the music. The 80's kicked ass for music, but sadly that had little to do with Reagan. Maybe if he would have strapped on a keytar, but I digress. I guess I couldn't really put into words what I was feeling but thankfully the Daily Dirt has.

Also, thankfully the Daily Dirt has told us when we're all going to die too. Hope you didn't have any concrete plans for June.

And lastly...I must direct you to Darren's blog today again. His rant is full of links that are too delicious to miss. Check it out.

1 Comments:

Blogger darren e. logan said...

damn girl! you're too kind to keep sendin everyone over to my blog. now EVERYONE will know how much of a freak i am! i just hope that the resources prove positive for peeps. i have the tendency to even play devil's advocate to things even I believe, so all with a grain of salt... ;) better to err on the side of freedom, love, and all of that crap than to find out the conspiracies are true when it's too late!

12:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home