5.22.2004

I think I'm going to McPuke

Ugh.

If you want to swear off eating fast food again, go see "Supersize Me" immediately. I've never been so freaked out about my health in my life I think. It's basically about a guy who sees what his body will do if he eats McDonald's 3 times a day for 30 days. The result is not only weight gain, but his liver starts to fail, he becomes depressed and he starts having weird chest pains and exhaustion. After 30 days! Plus, the film takes a look at how the nation is becoming the fattest in the world.

I especially liked the section on school lunches and how companies push to keep their vending machines and high-fat foods in the school for revenue. I instantly was reminded of the school lunches where people could get pizza and fries every day. Jen K. was telling me that nachos & cheese were served at her school as an entree. God.

Yea, McDonald's is now offering salads, but they have as many calories as most of the value meals. Those McGriddles...the worst food on the menu as far as fat. I think I'm going to just have this movie playing on the TV constantly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home