3.22.2004

Well hello. Sorry I've been away, crazy weekend. First things first....the long version of Godville.

Friday through Sunday we went to Godville to see my sister. We got there Friday we met up with her and the family at a restaurant. I ran up to the restaurant because after 6 months and 5 hours of driving I couldn't wait to see her any longer. She looked fabulous...probably gained 30 lbs (at least by her calculations). Dinner was great and she was pretty much her old self. She quoted some scripture and sorta gave little lectures but she eventually kinda chilled out with that. We went back to the hotel and got in the hot tub then played ping-pong. It was sooo nice hanging out as a family again. It has been sooo long since I've been with my whole family together. My mom finally showed up about 1 a.m. and after that we hit the sheets. I was afraid Jamie would be a total God-zombie but it wasn't too bad.

Saturday we got up, had breakfast and went to the huge, and I mean HUGE, mall. Dad, Jamie & I went off by ourself and had a blast. It was fun shopping and being girls after so long. The only difference was that I was trying on clothes that we're tight and slutty and she had to try on clothes that covered her butt and skirts past her knees for church. We decided to go see "Secret Window" later that day. That movie was pretty good. The story was kind of minimal but Johnny Depp made the movie. I was surprised she wanted to see it but it was her idea. My family loves movies though, so I guess it shouldn't have been a shock. After that we met back up with the family, loaded the car and went to a restaurant for some ribs. That's when Jamie and I started to get upset. It was just getting too close to having to go back. I don't handle seeing my sister cry well I suppose. There was a 30 minute wait for the table so I took Jamie and dad and Chip out of there to get her some supplies and to lighten the mood. After dinner we took her back to the house. More tears, hugs and we left.

Overall, the trip was enjoyable. She's been absorbed in the process for a straight 6 months so I can't expect her to not be wrapped up in it. I feel good about where she is and how healthy she is. I'm just going to leave it at that for now. I'm scared about the neighborhood she's in but the good thing is that she is never alone, always with a large group. I guess we'll just keep taking it a day at a time. Towards the end of the day she was ready to go back. She said it was making her nervous being in the secular world. God vs. heroin....I'll take God.

After we got back we hung out with some friends and had a half bottle of Jeigermiester. Wow. I suppose it's indicative of my mood lately that I've been drinking about twice a month. I guess I've been more upset than I let on. Thankfully I have some of the best friends a girl could ask for. I even got a little insight into their feelings for me this weekend and that felt nice. I'm a lucky girl.

Whew...that was a long one. Hope you all had great weekends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home