12.17.2003

Maybe it's the enormous amounts of Tylenol I've been consuming but lately I've been feeling restless again. Thank goodness I have a trip in January coming up and all these holiday festivities. But other than that, I want out. Out of this city, out of my job, out of my skin, out of my clothes, out of the country, out of my head (well, I've been doing a fabulous job at that lately). Do you get me?

Maybe it's the holidays. Everyone says you get depressed and anxious during this time of the year. Seems like no matter what I don't feel very good lately. Holy frijoles, Mistress, get a grip.

We've been daydreaming about abandoning all luxuries and moving out to the country again this week. I do miss it sometimes. I love Chicago for all it's worth, but there's something about that slow moving back road way of life that appeals to me too. Maybe it's just the fact that I don't have an overwhelming love of humankind. I love and care for my friends, family and etc. but I'm not kidding myself. I'm not made out for the Peace Corps. Let's just put it that way.

Anyways, my aunt & uncle from New Mexico sent us an x-mas card reminding us flights are more expensive in the summer, so we better act now. (Do they have ESP or something?) Maybe I'll just surprise myself and charge a flight or two on the old Visa. Erica, you game?

The other day theMan made a comment that he's "so done with 2003". I think I share his sentiments.

Oh well....all is not lost. Just feels good to rant sometimes. Nighty-night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home