12.11.2003

I can't wait for the xmas party here at work. Besides the awesome food, it's great entertainment. If this tells you anything we have a 3 HOUR cocktail time before eating dinner. Plus, most people start drinking at lunch anyways.

As a matter of fact, we're just sitting here at work trying to decide who is going to get the lampshade award this year. Whoever gets the drunkest at the x-mas party and makes the biggest fool of themselves, gets the award. The new guy got it last year by a landslide. We presented him with a small lamp the following Monday.

Last year the guy was cut off 3 times at the restaurant, then refused entry at Le Passage when people left to go to a club. He called our boss at home at 1 a.m. to ask him to get him in. That didn't work so then he broke into a co-worker's apartment because he thought he left his keys there. Believe it or not, there were others in the running for the award.

I personally have never received the award at the x-mas party, however, I did receive it once at the Administrative Assistant party. We started drinking at 12:30 and stopped about 8 p.m. that night. Opened 4-5 bottles of wine, 6 ameretto sours, san buca (however that's spelled), and some crazy rum drinks. I ended up being pushed into a cab with my skirt over my head after calling a friend of my boss's "Lips" in reference to her recent botched collegen injections. Yes folks, I even have it on tape thanks to my loving husband.

Aw alcohol....ain't it great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home