10.29.2003

It's amazing what a new morning will do to you, well that and 2 days of vacation starting tomorrow.

I forgot to tell you all what happened last night. We went to Radio Shack to get a $5 kit to clean the VCR, plus we were in a hurry, and when we were checking out the lady at the cash register tried to "upsell" us like you wouldn't believe.

She said, "Sure you wouldn't want a digital satelitte or cell phone today with your purchase?"

What I should have said, "Wow, you know what lady, now that you mention it, go ahead and tack on a $300 satellite and sign me up for 2 years of service with a shitty cell phone company! I thought I just needed a head cleaner for the VCR, but you've shown me the error of my ways! Thank you for being such a commission whore that you push huge purchases on people with every ding of the cash register and waste my time when I'm really wanting to move along."

theMan gave her the shittiest look he could muster and said, "Are you serious?"

She got real uncomfortable and said, "Just doing my job."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home