5.09.2008

Jolene Jolene

Guess who went to see Dolly Parton last night?

ME!??!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!?

At around 10:00 a.m. my boss mentioned that Dolly was playing tonight, her show to make up for the cancelled ones in February. I got really sad and was IM-ing theMan about it. He then said, “Just go.” Me being the tightest person on the planet felt guilty and hemmed and hawed. My coworkers caught wind and started pressuring me, then theMan was pressuring me, then I said, FUCK IT. I charged them up and then proceeded to get so giddy and excited I barely ate all day.

Trust me, that is me excited.

So I ambled down to the Chicago Theater by my lonesome and got into my very very very awesome and close seat and waited and smiled like an idiot until she busts out on stage singing “2 Doors Down.”

I teared up immediately, starting singing and dancing and just felt like “God damn this is the best $100 I’ve ever spent.

One of my favorite things she said was talking about her husband, Carl Dean: On our first date, he was such a gentleman. He read the menu for us, ordered for us, and then we drove up to the second window and picked up our food.” Made me think of my man.

I just couldn’t believe I was seeing her sing the songs I love!

Sadly, I was ill-prepared and had no camera, but I have the best concert t-shirt ever (which I also convinced a gay man to buy in line with me) and I’m wearing it today at work under a blazer with a scarf. Every once in awhile I stop people in the hall and show them. I mean, I have Dolly across my chest…what would you do???

Saturday we're going to see Ministry to cash in the birthday tickets Jzn got theMan. If there is one thing I love in life it's extremes, and this week should about do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home