4.30.2008

Bookworms

In our efforts to save money and pay off debt this year, one of the ways I am doing that is by checking out books from the library. Which was really going along swimmingly until I went in to get another book and they told me I still had a book out from 3 months ago.

I was indignant, loud, “NO! Check again! I put that in the bin outside months ago!” So they let me check out more books and put a “search” out for it. Well, turns out while I was cleaning this weekend I found it in our bookshelf.

So I did what any self-respecting human would do when proven wrong, I went in and got a library card in my name (I was using theMan’s) and checked out more books.

I’ve been on a kick lately where I’m pretty much sticking to the Sociology/Psychology section, mostly reading books recommended in previous books from that section. So far I have not been disappointed by any! And bonus, they just keep getting better!

If you haven’t noticed I’ve got a “Library Thing” over to the side with books I’m reading this year. You can click on them for more info. I highly recommend all of them and won’t put any up I don’t like. (Although the one on Rome was a bit much on the historical side if you are in to that.)

Currently I’m reading some of the best books I’ve ever picked up:

Viktor Frankl’s “Man’s Search for Meaning” (Read almost ¾ of it last night in one setting, it’s that good).

Oscar Wilde’s “Picture of Dorian Gray” (Great social commentary!)

Send me your favs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home