5.17.2008

Day of the Dead

Try to picture it:

I've just dropped off theMan for his wedding photography gig and I've got 2 hours to kill before I get to babysit my nephew.

I hit our neighborhood in search of something, a place to sit and improve my headspace and there it is.

A date with Mr. Vonnegut and some red wine at a small table in a nearly-empty bar with the sun shining and their windows all open to the sidewalk.

A Cubs game on in the background where all the locals, along with the hot bartender are yelling "son of a bitch" as I get ready to enjoy this mystery red wine, read my book and eventually walk to the library. Later still, I spend 5 hours with Coen who is in a very good mood.

Really...a quality way to spend a Saturday.

P.S. Happy Birthday shout-out (yes, it's still 2001 in my head) to Trent Reznor of NIN. You get better with age, you hot ass talented mo-fo.

P.P.S. We've now hit up almost 9 (?) cemeteries and went back to one this morning to see a very impressive chapel and columbarium. Go to Flickr to see more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home