2.28.2006

List Tuesday

Some recent favorite of mine, I thought I’d share:

1.) Straylight Run, especially “Slow Descent” and “With God On Our Side”. Brought to my attention by my always in the know sister.

Lyrics:
i'm tired
cynical and broken, but wiser
heavy with a sense of resentment
but i used to be so much different
i used to have so much faith
when i started
you knew that i always meant it
i knew i could make a difference
i struggled to be heard
and then finally, one day people started listening
and i knew it
but as soon as it began it was ruined
a slow descent from unique to routine
over and over
"just do it again and this time with feeling"
the spotlight
the focus on the friends and the feelings
that made those stupid songs all worth singing
and don't you say a word
unless you're pretty sure that you want it analyzed
so we drove
for what seemed like days
over roads
and four lane highways
we said all we had to say
and i realized in time that it didn't mean anything

2.) “Everyone Says I Love You” A film by Woody Allen I hadn’t seen until my NetFlix decided to send all my Woody Allen picks at once. Woo hoo! Weird for Woody Allen since it’s a semi-musical, but I love it love it love it. It also explains why people are right wing conservatives, but I’ll wait until you watch the film to tell you.

3.) "Vegan Vanilla Cookies" Yet another prospect for the Vegan Cookbook/Baking company....vanilla cookies! They taste like sugar cookies but better and have no butter, milk or eggs. What’s cool about vegan baking stuff is that since there are no raw eggs, I can eat the batter. Hmmmm

Okay, so I went to bed at 8:30 p.m. last night. Anyone want to take a stab why I am bouncing off the walls today!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home