2.20.2006

Et tu Brute?

Turns out I have a viral infection. Weee. The bonus is that my tattooed internist has access to all of my thyroid records so while I was there for my ear ache, he looked at my thyroid business. He’s suggesting I just bring my half a thyroid to his office from now on and forget Dr. Not-A-Good-Listener (NAGL). He had me give some blood for an additional test to go with my standard T4 & TSH test today as a precautionary. In fact, he suggested it pretty “in your face.”

“Just tell Dr. NAGL that I had your bloodwork done at MY office.”

Then showed me the way to the lab at the end of the hall with the best blood prickers in the business. I should know since I’ve given at least 11 vials since November. Sigh. I tried to leave work early due to this sick business but since my “promotion” started today I was sorta trying to make a good impression. Hard to do when you’re half deaf and constantly hacking up green stuff, but I gave it a shot.

Weekend was great though besides being ill! Friday I had a date with my sister and we went shopping, shopping, shopping and capped off the night with dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and a vegan shake from Pick Me Up. Saturday though, I woke up even more really really sick. theMan and I ran some errands, got him a new coat, hit up a used bookstore, split some noodles and came back home so I could edit more of my cousin’s home movies. Sunday, I baked all day and then we went to the dinner party you saw in my Flickr photos.

I must tell you about my baking though! I’m trying to make a vegan cookbook that is full of easy to make foods and tastes like things vegans might miss. I’m also toying with the idea of a Vegan Baking Company that would sell online and to retailers hopefully. I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.

theMan and my own impending veganism is my inspiration since we may not always live so close to our beloved grocery store and restaurants. I figured I better step up. Seeing how I come from a long line of women that like to bake, why not. I made banana bread, wheat molasses bread and herb oat bread on Sunday. The banana and herb oat were a hit, the molasses, not so much. For my pals that live in Chicago, expect to be my taste testers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home