7.12.2005

The next day

Awwww...the day after the drama. Even the bike ride in the rain didn’t bother me.

I don't think I've mentioned it, but for the past couple weeks my sister has been staying with us and I’m enjoying it to no end. Not just for her extreme talents in the culinary arts department, but the fact that she brings the level of fun up in the wood-paneled apartment. We laugh more and that’s never a bad thing.

It seems like everyone I know is changing up here now. My sister is here and out of the ghetto. My friends are all moving on to separate apartments with different people. We’re leaving the wood paneling and jobs behind for greener pastures. Change though scary, can be good eh?

I realize now why leaving this job was a necessity for mental health (as Dr. Happiness put it yesterday when she called me to check in). Since I announced my departure everyone has had nothing but negative things to say. Literally, every single person that works here. For instance:

-Co-worker No. 1: Well, it’s not like you’re not replaceable.
-Co-worker No. 2: So what will you be doing? Administrative Assistant? Oh, so you mean just a secretary?
-Co-worker No. 3: Just don’t expect it to be great.

I just smile, because I know they take comfort in this basement hell hole and I no longer have too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home