7.01.2005

Bag Lady

If there were any questions as to whether I have ovaries and estrogen, let me tell you a little secret I have.

There is this glorious Matt & Nat bag (the green one) that I love and it resides in a little handbag shop on Michigan Avenue. I usually stop in before my therapy appointments and visit it. There is sense of dread as I search for it because for some reason the store owners move it around weekly. Then I spot it. Awwww. I pick it up, unzip the pocket, very very gingerly, then scan my brain for a rationalization for spending $120.00 on a bag.

Alas, there are none so I put it back in it's place, but always behind the pink one so no one else will be tempted. Today on my way to get lunch, I stopped in to see how she was since I hadn't seen her in at least 3 weeks.

I about lost it because it wasn't there! It took me until I had picked through the clearance table in the basement to realize I was actually freaking out over a bag visitation. Even though I'm certifiably insane I went ahead and asked the clerk who told me it as down a block at their new store. The new store is complete with an entire wall of Matt & Nat!

So what I need to find out is, is there a stalker law for handbags? I might just need a restraining order against myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home