1.24.2005

Oh and...

Just an update for those keeping score at home...the eating/cooking healthy thing is going pretty darn good. I don't think I've lost any weight or anything, in fact I feel enormous, but I feel better mentally a bit. More in control and I'm excited to see if it helps my mood any. This week the plan is to curb my portions a bit. After seeing my 110 lb. sister eat, I think she might be on to something.

theMan however, is losing weight rapidly. I asked him if he killed any gypsies, but he doesn't remember.

I'm still not looking at this as a diet with a goal of X pounds to lose. I'm just going to add in a few tricks to see if that happens as a side effect.

I've found a lot of great recipes too which I'll try to post. Here's one of our favorites which I swear is better than it sounds:

Taco Pasta Salad

1/2 lb. lean ground beef
Packet of taco seasoning
1 green bell pepper
4 oz. tri-color rotini pasta
Salsa
Fat free sour cream
Low-fat/Fat free mexican cheese

Brown hamburger until no longer pink. Add cut up green pepper and taco seasoning (with water requirements on back of packet). Let simmer. Boil pasta in saucepan. Add pasta, hamburger mixture, cheese, salsa & sour cream in bowl and serve.

Easy and delicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home