10.01.2004

Presidential Pub

Well despite my attempts not to watch the debates last night for fear of being furious, we settled in and watched the whole she-bang. My opinion? Kerry impressed me with his eloquency and I agreed with him on almost all of his opinions and views. It made me feel better about voting for him even though I don't trust him as much either. He stuck to the issues and answered the questions. Something Bush did not do. Bush is not a public speaker.

theMan commented that he heard a guy analzing W.'s speech patterns. He noticed that Bush is confident and well-spoken when talking about war or speaking about what we're going to do but that he always gets tripped up in his speech when he has to be compassionate. This guy thinks W. is incapable of compassion. I did notice that Bush was fine unless he was talking about the troops. Then he sounded like a bumbling idiot.

I spoke to my sister last night who asked me who I was voting for. When I told her Kerry she couldn't believe it. So I asked her, "why are you voting for Bush?" Her answer: "He doesn't believe in gay marriage or abortion". Um, no offense...but gay marriage and abortion do not affect me or her really, in any way shape or form. I think there are LOTS of issues more important that have the capability to affect people worldwide than someone's personal choices. However, there is the religious right for you. Sorry Jamie, I'm willing to hear your argument to that point?

After the debate we went to our local pub with our pal Darren, and ended up having a great conversation for several hours. One of those conversations that goes from genetically modified food to the pros and cons of TechTV to why the world is ending. Man, I love those conversations. Figuring out the world's problems over some booze. Fun stuff.

Anyways, the weekend is here and I'm trying to decide if I'm going to give into the guilt and drive another 2 hours to see my family again. Yea, they were supposed to come up here but that got cancelled so the transfer of guilt from them to me has taken place, of course. To top it off, my mom is back in the hospital for tests because apparently her surgery recovery isn't going well. All of my pals have tried to convince me I'm not a bad daughter if I don't go back, but damn that guilt. My mom and sister should be travel agents for guilt trips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home