9.09.2004

Teeth in my cornflakes

Just returned from the dentist. I would complain about the fact that I have to get drilled next week to replace a lost filling and fill another cavity. The fact that I just bought us a $125.00 toothbrush that is suppose to do everything but clean my toilet. Or the fact that the dental hygenist found the lost filling by sticking her sharp pokey thing in the hole in my tooth cuasing me to jump out of the chair (literally). Or even that the only way to fix my stained front teeth is by veneers (about $1000 worth) or seeing if grinding would work, which he doubts. But I won't. Because none of that compares to the amount of work my poor baby has to endure.

To start things off: An orthodontist appointment to see what can or should be pulled, an oral surgeon appointment for his wisdom teeth extraction (god, that's a scary word), a 1 1/2 hour gum scaling appointment, root canal (unless it's the tooth pulled by the Ortho), fillings and eventually braces. They said it could have been alot worse but are confident when it's over he's going to look and feel like a million bucks.

Right now he feels like cat poop. I think he's secretly anxious too though. Poor guy never smiles.

Anyways, on our way back from the dentist we went into Virgin Megastore to pick up a copy of "Waking Life" (since Best Buy no longer carries it, however they have 10 copies of an Anna Nicole Smith B-movie). At the counter, like all stores lately, they ask you for your phone number and/or zip code. Which immediately pisses me off to no end.

Here's a hint people: DO NOT GIVE PEOPLE AT STORES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION! And don't tell me it's because you are paying with a credit card. Before demographic collecting, they never needed that information before. I always say "Nope, sorry." You should too. It's amazing to me how many people just automatically rattle off their information to strangers just because they are asked. You want junk mail? Telemarketing calls? Go nuts.

Me? No thanks. And there is my rant for today. Oh, and no...I didn't forget about the Republican National Convention last week just because I was busy with zombies. I have MUCH to say on that topic at a later date. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Jent said...

Zombie photos are sent your way.

I still use the phone number and address of a friend of mine from high school. His parents are on all sorts of mailing lists by now.

2:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home