9.08.2004

Bowled over by your kindness

Sorry for the tardy post, however my body completely shut down as of 12:00 am on Monday night and I pretty much slept up until this morning. Give or take a few hours for a couple cold ones.

I'll post a recap of the events that took place during the shoot in a few hours (once I get caught up at work). But first things first, I gotta give thanks to my friends and family and a few specifically. Because like I said before, we could NEVER have pulled this off without them.

I was completely blown away by the amount of support, love and excitement you all showed. Jen K. & I both are forever in your gratitude. And now, in no particular order BIG THANX TO:

-The Eastons: My god, how do I start to thank you guys? They brought like 12-15 people with them to be zombies. Most of which were people I didn't even know. But the people they brought jumped right in and worked their ass off. We seriously would not have been able to shoot without their help.

-Jen's mom, Kathy: This woman is the rockin'est mom I've met. She pulled together most of her family to make the other half of the zombies we needed, she bought a TON of supplies, she let us use her house as a hotel, she came in the middle of the night to help us set up the set (all of this done in high heels), and ended up being one of the best actors at the shoot. I cannot wait to show her the footage of her attacking Rodney at the cemetary.

-My dad, Jim: Dad seriously saved our ass. Not only did he construct the alter/bondage equipment for the cemetary scene, but he got us permission to use an actual cemetary from the 1800's for the shoot. He also stole the show when he pulled out his Clint Eastwood performance as a military guard. Dad, you fucking rule.

-The Alfrey's: Teddy let us destroy his Skate Corral so we could film a HUGE scene. A scene which we could not have pulled off anywhere else. He pretty much gave us free reign over his entire business. Aeron not only let me cover him in grease paint and eat salty flesh off of Rodney, but painted 2 huge set pieces that really made the scene. And lastly Ash, who throughout this whole film has let us experiment on him with make-up, dress him in clothes that roast him and then cleaned up our huge mess after the shoot. He's been up for anything and god damn, that's been helpful. Alfrey's: We salute you!

-Lance, Chadd & Rodney: What can I say, you guys kicked ass and took names that day. We left big projects up to you guys and you came through as always. Gracias, mi amigas.

-Matt Jent: Rode with us to our shitty little hometown, sweat his ass off helping us build the set, even filled in as sound man when necessary. And our only form of payment was introducing him to Diet Coke Fiend. For this, you are the coolest, dude.

-And finally, our friends & family: Man, everyone from Joe & Jen to Erica & Eric, you guys were fabulous. No pay, junk food and being covered in latex but you still showed up and rocked out. We can never ever ever thank you guys enough. Hope you had a blast and expect copies of the movie as soon as we get it!

If I have forgotten anyone it's only because I'm sleepy. Please forgive.

Anyone need a kidney, because I owe you people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home