2.18.2004

I don't know what it is with me and cab drivers. I almost always end up talking with them about their lives, their families or their philosophies. Maybe I have a trusting face or a sympathetic smile...who knows. But last night I gave my opinion on a cab driver's messed up love life for the duration of the 25 minute ride home. The poor guy is messed up with a girl that cheats on him, which is never good. Of course, he really loves and cares about her...etc. etc. you know the rest.

It's amazing to me too because he was a good looking man with a slow smile and a gentle voice who I'm sure doesn't realize he could have someone who doesn't cheat on him. Although I can sort of relate, we all probably can. Most of us has stayed with someone who is not great news or put up with someone's bullshit because we couldn't see past the 15 minutes in front of us or see our own worth. And while it may seem like it's easy for me to say this since I'm in a happy marriage, I've been there and I've seen it with my friends too many times.

I have several good looking single friends that I think kick serious ass, but it's too bad I can't put a sign on them when we go out: "Hey, this guy/gal is fabulous, would treat you right and has a great sense of humor. Please work up the nerve to ask him/her out. You'll be pleasantly surprised." Hmm...wonder if I could whip something up in Photoshop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home