11.24.2003

Sigh.....(that's me exhaling) Good good weekend. I can't say that I feel completely 100% relieved (mostly because of the area she's in) but I feel much better about where my sister is mentally. She looks better than ever and seems to be really getting along there. The people like her a lot and she's doing great with the rules and her school work. I couldn't get over the way she looked. She's probably gained about 15 lbs (for someone that was 90+ lbs, that's good news) and her face, skin and hair are pretty much back to normal. If you've ever seen anyone on heroin, take a good look at their face. Their hair is all dried and frayed, their skin is yellowish and sunken in and their face is broken out usually. Now she looks completely healthy.

The rules were a bit much though. I think you'd have to stay there a year to get them all figured out. The only thing she has ever got "points" taken away for is one time she was studying her notecards with Bible verses on them at a time when she was supposed to be only talking with the Lord. She dropped a card, someone told her she dropped it and she picked it up. She got points taken away because she was listening to the person instead of God when she picked up the card. It's amazing isn't it? She used to get in trouble for drug running and now she's dropping notecards.

My cousin and I were anxious and nervous all week and once we left I think we both felt tons better. I'm really really happy she's not a complete zombie either. She was still Jamie for the most part, just with some talk like a born-again Christian thrown in. Now, Godville is not somewhere I'd ever want to live or drive through, but it'll do. I'm grateful for that program even though I don't believe in the religion they teach. It sure has more rehabilitory potential than prison.

Whew...we had a great Saturday shopping. Good thing I bought a new winter jacket because it's freaking snowing here and cold, cold, cold. I'm glad for the short week but not real excited to drive another 3 hours again. Oh well...I miss my family alot and can't wait for turkey day!!

By the way, I'll post some new pics of our trip tonight or tomorrow, so stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home