9.04.2003

I'm the kind of gal that reads about 4 books at the same time. I am almost done with one and completely impressed. You should read it too. It's called Diary of a Drug Fiend by Aliester Crowley. It's essentially a diary by this couple from early 1920's (I believe) and their adventure with heroin and cocaine into bliss, despair, and finally redemption by finding their True Will. From what I can tell a lot of the characters and ideals reflect Crowley's teachings. I can hardly put the sucker down myself. The writing style reminds me a lot of "The Great Gatsby" which I think is from the same time period.

When this book was written, heroin and cocaine use were not discussed in the manner it is today. I imagine this book caused a stir when published.

Anyways, it has definitely given me insight into my sister's addictions, almost at times mirroring her exact words. Even if you aren't personally affected by drug abuse, it's a very good read.

The man of the house is reading a biography of Anton LaVey however the title escapes me. So click here for other books.

Thursday.....wee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home