8.10.2007

Quotes from the Interweb

On Parenting:

"You think you’re going to be prepared for the sheer incredibleness of such a moment, but it’s like, someone keeps setting off pipe bombs on your front porch and throwing rocks through your windows, and then one day out of nowhere they show up and mow your lawn. And you’re suddenly glad you didn’t shoot them last week."

www.dooce.com

On Pets:

"I've known a few people with bunnies. The general impression I've gotten is that the "interesting companion to upkeep" ratio is skewed towards the latter. Not that they require a lot of work, just that they aren't terribly engaging. That said, I like the idea of a pet you could conceivably eat if things turn sour."

(With bonus follow-up awesomeness: “I like taco salad because you get to eat tacos and say you ate salad.”)

http://www.defectiveyeti.com/

On Material Goods:

I've been thinking of doing a ban on buying "new things". Like everything that comes into our home MUST be second hand (except food and toiletries, of course). I pretty much already do it with clothes and furniture. Maybe I just want a reason to collect Vintage mugs. Oh god I need to go to garage sales IMMEDIATELY.

http://designsponge.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home