1.10.2006

One Week In

Well, one week into 2006…how am I doing on my goals?

Health
1. Go vegetarian with balanced meals by March 2006 / Vegan by September 2006
(I’m officially a vegetarian now. I’ve had a few weird meat cravings but so far so good!)

2. Cook healthy dinners at home - 4 to 5 times weekly
(I think I cooked about 3 times during the week and pretty much all weekend. Not as easy to eat out when you’re a veggie/vegan so that’s nice!)

3. Take yoga or dance or both at least 1-2 times a week
(No, only worked out once, no classes. Going tonight to make up.)

4. Erase all sugar from teas/coffee/drinks
(Did pretty good on this except for 2 cups. Still no soda.)

5. Learn more about hypothyroidism and find Endocrinologist I trust
(NOT YET, appointment isn’t until Jan 20th)

6. Go to dermatologist and get my 1,000 moles checked out for skin cancer.
(Getting referral at Jan. 30th appt.)

7. No more alcohol until Seattle trip in June.
(Not a drop so far and I don’t miss it at all.)

Finances
1. Make meal plans and budget for it weekly
(Made the meal plan which I followed mostly but still not religiously. Although it was easier having all the food at the house so when I got hungry, it was there. Need to do it for this week too.)

2. Pay off remaining credit card debt
(NO but didn’t add to it.)

3. Save $5,000 by December 31, 2006
(Saved up $400 so far. Woo hoo!)

4. Organize 401k plans/invest smartly.
(Started learning about investing this week and doing financial exercises in the book.)

Intellectual Development
1. Read one non-fiction book for every fiction book
(Started reading 2 non-fictions now.)

2. Listen to Coast to Coast once a week (internet radio show)
(NOPE, need to have theMan put one on my iPod-hint hint)

Spirtuality
1. Learn about meditation and devote weekly time to it
(Nope.)

2. Study one new religion every 6 months
(NOPE, although one of my non-fiction books could count towards this.)

Personal Development
1. Remember cards for birthdays
(NOPE, Missed Gramps & cousin, but did call/send email.)

2. Prepare body, bank account, and mind for child-rearing
(Actually yes, strangely enough. Found out more on where we can live and afford with kids in the Chicago, looked at our budget and made plans, got insurance information and had several talks with theMan about future plans. Feels weird since we aren’t even trying to get pregnant, but at least we know where we stand!)

3. By June review, be qualified for promotion and raise at work
(This is going well. Currently doing several projects for boss and higher up employees.)

So, overall...not too bad. Need to work on the exercise part but at least it’s nothing new. I saw a girl on the train last night that looked like me but with about 50 additional pounds. I started freaking out and walked home instead of taking the bus. I know that probably sounds bad, but she even had the same haircut and clothes I’d wear.

I’m not looking forward to going to the gym since every other New Year’s Resolution person is probably there but I am looking forward to that buzz you get when you know you’re doing something healthy.

Blah blah blah...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home