2.23.2005

Oscar Picks

I will be spending my weekend marinating honey glazed chicken kabobs & whipping up pumpkin cheesecake in an attempt to gain back the 6 lbs. I've not lost, but in the meantime, I will be watching the Spirit Awards on IFC on Saturday and Sunday, of course, the Oscars.

I love it. In fact, I start at 6:00 p.m. and flip through the channels from one red carpet show to the next to miss commercials and get all angles. My favorite part is when someone wears something horrible or Jack Nicholson is drunk. Here's hoping for a fun show this year because I love me some celebrities.

I'll go ahead and give my predictions for the Oscars, but I honestly have only seen a few of these movies. You know how I feel about Jamie Foxx, and I wish "Eternal Sunshine" would have gotten Jim Carrey at least a nomination, but still. Here goes.

Best Picture
"The Aviator": I'm torn between this and Ray honestly, but I think they'll finally give Mr. Scorsese one.
"Finding Neverland"
"Million Dollar Baby"
"Ray"
"Sideways"

Best Actor
Don Cheadle in "Hotel Rwanda"
Johnny Depp in "Finding Neverland"
Leonardo DiCaprio in "The Aviator"
Clint Eastwood in "Million Dollar Baby"
Jamie Foxx in "Ray" They fucking better. Although if they gave it to Don Cheadle, okay. I heard he was great too.

Best Actress
Annette Bening in "Being Julia"
Catalina Sandino Moreno in "Maria Full of Grace"
Imelda Staunton in "Vera Drake"
Hilary Swank "Million Dollar Baby" She won the Golden Globe. I think Kate Winslet rocked in "Eternal Sunshine" but she won't get it.
Kate Winslet in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"

Best Directing
“The Aviator" Martin Scorsese
"Million Dollar Baby" Clint Eastwood Clint Eastwood wrote, starred in, directed and composed the score. I'm almost 100% sure on this one.
"Ray" Taylor Hackford
"Sideways" Alexander Payne
"Vera Drake" Mike Leigh

We'll see if I'm right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home