2.08.2004

Man, I love my friends. We got super drunk Friday. I mean, blinding, no inhibition, truth serum, yuppie harassing drunk. Thankfully they've decided we can still hang out on a regular basis. God. Fortunately for you it's caught on film, and I imagine Jen K. will be posting the highlights on her site.

We got so fucked up that we woke up yesterday at 6:30 p.m. and said, "Uh, let's forget fondue and everything else that requires effort." So here I am, still a little tired and messed up, having cold pizza and Pepsi for breakfast and reliving in my head a kick ass weekend. It's fun when one night makes an entire weekend a blast.

This weekend has given me lots to think about. Mainly that I like my life alot. I like living like a rock star occasionally but still being responsible enough to pay my bills, keep my man happy, and take care of myself. So in other words, I'm not ready to grow up, settle down, have kids all that. Boredom or general society pressure makes me feel like I should, but living in this city and opening my mind a little has made me realize I quite like life like it is. Thankfully those around me make me feel free enough to feel this way.

I just read a spam email that actually made me think and put this in writing. Here was the quote: "Dear Lord, don't worry about making me a better person. I'm having a lot of fun as I am right now."

So yea, that's how I feel. I guess I just woke up feeling 'blessed'. I've got great friends, a good man and a happy family. And even if things aren't always peachy keen it's gonna be alright. I should bold this so in 3 weeks when I'm PMS-ing, I can re-read this.

Geez, a little alcohol and I get all philosophical.

(Side Note: I just downloaded Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock's "It Takes Two". My favorite line: "I like the Whopper, fuck the Big Mac." That's pure genius.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home