11.05.2003

I got an e-mail today from my Grams. Someone forwarded it to her. She asked that I read it and think it over. So I did. Then I decided to send it back to everyone it had originally been forwarded too (people really should use the bcc: features on their email so your email address isn't listed). All 30+ of them.

If they feel the need to forward stuff, then I'm going to respond. I would have liked to tell them they are fucking idiots, read a book, peel the flag stickers off their car and go talk to other humans for once, but my grandma was going to recieve it too, so I was polite.

I decided to include the original email and my response here in my blog so maybe it'd open up some discussion. Read it if you'd like. My response is first, and the original email is second. If you want to discuss, email me at mizfoyblog@yahoo.com. I also have all of the original email addresses of the people who forwarded it to me, if you'd like to respond to them. Email me and I will forward it to you.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hey Grams:

I think the person who wrote the original e-mail needs to remember why we love this great country.....because of our freedoms, including free speech. The freedom the person is exercising by sending out the email. Well, free speech also applies to the "liberals of Hollywood" as well.

This war has a lot of angles on it, most of which aren't shown on the nightly news (news which, incidently happens to be owned by large corporations). They don't have to go watch the movie. However, it would be in everyone's best interest if we would hear people out, do the research, and not take everything you are fed by one view as gospel.

Here are some great websites I use to get all different kinds of perspectives on what's going on in the world. Hope they help!

http://www.aclu.org/
http://www.rense.com
http://www.disinfo.com
http://www.inthesetimes.com/
http://www.mediachannel.org/

xoxo-Danialle

++++++++++++++++ORIGINAL EMAIL+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
In a message dated 11/2/2003 6:22:33 PM Pacific Standard Time, MaxMachPilot writes:

Subject: Mystic River - The Movie

Mystic River, the new movie released last Wednesday is starring Sean Penn
and Tim Robbins who have been known to spew hate speech against our current
President, assaulting his character for doing what he is attempting to do
with the war on terror, to protect Americans from further attack. Which has
been very successful so far? These 2 liberal actors have sided with Saddam
Hussain and Osama Bin Laden and against our own country, as demonstrated by
Penn's going to Iraq prior to the war in protest of our pending attack to
remove the terrorist regime of Saddam Hussain, saying that we have no right
to attack innocent people and that it was the Bush administration that is
starting this war.

Let us not forget 9/11/2001.

I figure I have no way to let the liberals in Hollywood know that they are
just actors....and not representative of mainstream America, by myself. But
if each one of us route this note to all of your friends who support our
troops and the administration, and make sure that they do not go to this
movie. Encourage all you know......not to go to it. By doing
this.....these actors won't be able to get a job. Look what it did for Alec
Baldwin's career!
He's a washed up actor that watches his mouth these days.

We have 2 days until this movie starts. Let the boycott begin. Route this
to every loyal patriotic person you know and stay away from this movie with
these anti-American activists. These are 2 very outspoken hate ministers
and we can make a difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home