3.01.2008

Strobist Meet-Up


Chicago Strobist had a meet up in Downers Grove, IL today at the Microsoft Office Complex and we were lucky enough to attend! (thanks due to theMan getting us in the sign-up before it was closed.)

We got the run of the place (even utilizing elevators and front desks). I met a ton of cool & talented people and learned SO FREAKING MUCH. However, that is mostly thanks to theMan. He let me take the camera (mostly), set up shots, show me what I was doing wrong and when no one would start clicking or it got awkward, he jumped in and modeled for most of the day.

Overall, it was amazing to meet up with fellow Flickr-ites and photographers. Everyone helped each other for the most part. Even when we were holed up in the men's bathroom b/c a couple of us got the idea to stick flashes on the toilets.

Days like this make me feel glad to be human. If you have a Strobist group in your area, I highly recommend checking them out. Even if you're a novice photographer like me.

Here are some of the shots from that outing.

EDITED: Now you can see all the photos from the meet-up!

1 Comments:

Blogger darren e. logan said...

looks like it was a blast!

9:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home