5.25.2006

Words that aren't associated with me

I am going to "run" a marathon tonight.

I only say this because I can't believe it either. To be fair, I will probably do more walking/jogging than running, but hey. I will be wearing an official shirt and will even have one of those nerdy placards on my back with a number on it.

I wish my excuse for not writing much this week could be attributed to all my marathon training but I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks. Thankfully there is a place to fill out medical information should I fall over 2 feet into the thing.

I have no excuse for the lack of words. I could say it's because I wanted those gorgeous wedding photos to really sink in, and that's partly true (isn't Sis gorgeous?) but actually I've just been sorta distant. I've been crushingly tired, even with 8 hours of sleep and I'd blame it on my thyroid, but I think it's more the lack of gym time thing than anything. I also have some craziness going on, even though the wedding is over.

My great-gramps seems to be doing fine despite brain cancer and renal failure (our family live forever apparently, the worse their health is) but now my great-grams is getting bypass surgery this morning. I haven't heard anything yet. This is the grandma that bought me Metallica's Black Album on tape when I was little for Christmas. Hell yea!

I also have an interview in a new town for a total career change this Friday. A way to get out of this Admin. Assistant title and move up in the world, although for less money. However, the town has a lower cost of living, so it would balance out. Plus, theMan has a job opportunity (hopefully). I'm very excited, we both are.

Last night I spent about 3 hours researching the company, aspects of the job I would need (i.e. big words I can throw out in the interview and pray they don't ask for more of an explanation), etc. I really want this.

We have also started working with a realtor to try to find a big piece of land to settle on. We have an appointment Friday night to look at a place that has horse stables for crying out loud. I don't know how it will work if I do get this job, but hey...why not count the chickens before they are hatched!

It's conflicting though, I'm going to be leaving people I love very dearly behind here. I think about that all the time. New friendships that have started (hey Hope!) and a job I really like, although the commute does drive me up a wall. It's never totally easy is it?

So there you go. Why I've posted randomly. I'll let you know how it works out, k?

P.S. My littlest brother graduates high school this weekend. Excuse me while I flip out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. T said...

OMG are you still alive?? How was the marathon??

8:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home